Firewood Bank Policy– Bend’s Community Center
Please understand, hundreds of families and shared households need wood. We can
only give one week’s worth of wood (determined by BCC staff) to each household
each month in order to be fair and to stretch our limited resources as much as
possible. It is not possible for us to supply any one household with 100% of their
wood needs each month. However, all clients requesting free firewood MUST follow
the policies listed below:
• Clients must be preapproved prior to receiving wood.
• Clients must be pre-approved for each firewood request or each month.
• Clients must make an appointment with BCC staff M – F, 9am – 4pm. No paperwork
or approvals will be performed on weekends, no exceptions. Email, fax, or in some
cases, phone, verification may take place if an in-house appointment is a hardship.
• Once approved, clients will receive a voucher good for one week’s worth of wood
for the month of issue, which must be picked up prior to the expiration date.
• Outdated vouchers will not be honored.
Clients without current ID or who are homeless may receive one day’s worth
of wood as a one-time emergency solution. However, BCC will require ID for a
second request. BCC can also assist clients needing ID to fill out appropriate
paperwork and will mail it out for homeless clients during business hours, M –
F, 9am – 4pm. Appointments are required.
Clients must make an appointment and bring current personal ID AND at least one
of the following:
• Current food stamp card
• Current TANF paperwork
• Letter from TANF or food stamp counselor
• Letter of proof of need from another non-profit agency:
FAN network, NeighborImpact, WIC, Bethlehem Inn, or COVO
• Pre-approved clients may PICK UP wood on the weekends.
• Pre-approved clients must show BCC’s firewood voucher to BCC staff prior to
picking up wood.
Contact info (M_ F, 9am – 4pm, no weekend appointments other paperwork):
Address: BCC, 1036 NE 5th St., Bend OR 97701